Australian businesses and consumers have registered close to 130,000 second level .au domain names 6 weeks since they were launched. 35,000 second level .au direct domain names were registered in the first 24 hours of launch, and almost 80,000 by 31 March.
brandsec continues to work through the priority allocation domain names and disputed domains and just a reminder the priority applications close on 20 September 2022.
Other top level domain (ccTLD) updates
- China: The .xn registry (.购物) has released 100 new premium domain names for registration as of March 22.
- India: .in domains get eKYC verification, replacing the previous restriction on the number of .in domains that can be registered.
- Montenegro: The .me registry added more premium domains on April 4.
- Monaco: .mc can only be registered via accredited registrars with immediate effect.
- Tanzania: .tz is available on the second level since March 1. Already registered .co.tz, .or.tz and .mobil.tz domains will get priority for second-level registrations until May 31.
- Denmark: The .dk terms and conditions have been updated. On one hand, the changes relate to new possibilities for the DK hostmaster when suspending and deleting .dk domain names. On the other hand, the update clarified the obligation to provide correct contact information including declaration and control measures.
- Belgium: .be online verification is also possible for Dutch registrants since April 4.
- Ecuador: .ec now has a new domain lifecycle. The redemption period comprises now 10 days.
- Bond: .bond will receive a premium programme as of April 25.
- SBS: The premium programme of .cfd and .sbs will receive new stages as of April 25.
Blockchain Domain Updates
- brandsec has registered blockchain domains for many of Australia’s leading corporate brands. Learn more here.
- blockchain.com’s 81m users can now receive crypto using unstoppable domains, making transfers significantly easier.
- NBA goes on a blockchain domain name spree in anticipation of its NFT launch.
- ENS Domain Sales At An All-Time High – In April, people spent 2492 ETH ($7.3M) registering ENS domains and 169 ETH ($510k) on renewing them. The DAO token currently has 57.5k token holders and a fully diluted market cap of $1 billion.
brandsec is a corporate domain name management and brand protection company that looks after many of Australia, New Zealand and Asia’s top publicly listed brands. We provide monitoring and enforcement services, DNS, SSL Management, domain name brokerage and dispute management and brand security consultation services.