- Knowing how many domain names the business has;
- Knowing when domain names are coming up for renewal, especially the critical domain names;
- Knowing where the domain names are (Registrar);
- Ensuring all of the domain names contact details are correct and up to date;
- Knowing the login details of the business domain name accounts;
- Knowing who has access to the business’ domain names;
- Knowing what domain names relate to different divisions and brands within the business;
- Manage all redirects and ensure DNS best practice.
- Portfolio Right-sizing Here we will review your business’ existing portfolio and create a report on domains that should be considered for cancellation, based on the fact that they are not providing any return on investment, or are simply “off-policy.” In addition, we will make recommendations on specific actions that need to be undertaken by the organisation to “right-size” the portfolio.
- Portfolio Integrity Model Report Our Portfolio Integrity Model (PIM), takes a forensic look at the domain names registered, examining owner consistency, domain and DNS settings, expiry policies and whether there are any registrations that sit outside of any existing guidelines set by the business. BrandShelter’s PIM works on a traffic light basis, flagging major risks and providing mitigating actions that can be taken to improve the health and integrity of the domain name portfolio and policy. In addition, a summary report can be provided on SSL usage across the portfolio.
- Keyword and TLD Gap Analysis Taking the results of the PIM output, we will will produce a report based on the key terms used within the domain name portfolio to show graphically: any gaps in registration coverage; where domains are registered by third-parties; recommendations on actions that could be taken These data can be used to ensure full coverage on the most critical terms to the organisation.
- Third Party Ownership and Risk Report As well as providing an overview of organisation domain names that are held outside of the main portfolio, BrandShelter will provide a global view of all domain names that match key brand terms and trademarks that are registered by third-parties. The report will determine what risk these registrations may pose to the business. As part of this step, a domain-based, brand protection strategy can be created and implemented.
Brandsec is a corporate domain name management and brand protection company that look after many of Australia, New Zealand and Asia’s top publicly listed brands. We provide monitoring and enforcement services, DNS, SSL Management, domain name brokerage and dispute management and brand security consultation services.