- Verisign has removed 14 domain names from the list of premium .tv domain names, and will designate the removed domain names as standard priced domain names with the corresponding regular fees (including initial registration and registration renewal fees). These domains are: bda.tv, don.tv, edu.tv, eve.tv, excalibur.tv, family.tv, genie.tv, gov.tv, hawaii.tv, hot.tv, io.tv, pax.tv, rusty.tv, tv.tv.
- Radix will be updating the premium lists for all TLDs on February 3, 2021. Domains will be added to the premium list or moved across premium tiers. Also, two additional tiers will be added. The affected TLDs are .online, .site, .space, .store, .tech, .website, .fun, .uno, .host, and .press.
- The .art domain registry is releasing from reserve a new set of 3035 premium domain names. The release includes many two- and three-character names, as well as popularly used generic words. This will result in some changes as two new tiers will be created and some existing will be eliminated or merged. This will be done in order to accommodate the new, more valuable domains. All previously available domain names will remain at the existing price or will move down to a lower priced tier. The release date is set for February 24, 2021.
- Renewal and transfer fees for .fans premium domains will be changed from the standard price to the initial registration fee at which the premium domain name was registered. The premium name list and the registration fees of premium domains will also be adjusted. These updates will go into effect on March 18, 2021.
- The .love registry has not yet made any 2- and 3-character domains available for public sale. On March 15, 2021, the premium list for .love will be expanded to include these newly released 2- & 3-character domains. .love’s premium tiers will remain unchanged and no change in price will occur for any existing premium domains.
- The registry for .it domain names (Italy) reserves the right to analyze the EU / UK agreement in order to define a policy for the registration of .it domain names. Pending this process, United Kingdom residents and citizens will still be able to register .it domain names.
- DK Hostmaster postponed the date for the implementation of the new terms for the right of use for a .dk domain name until 2021 due to technical challenges and corona-related circumstances. This means that the new options (for example: registration of domain names for up to 10 years, possibility to let a registrar manage the administration of a domain name) will not be available yet. DK Hostmaster will announce when the new effective date is fixed. Until then, the current terms for the right to use a .dk domain name will continue to apply.
- The new .pt Terms & Conditions (registration rules) will take effect on February 2, 2021.
- .cd registration system still offline. It is still not possible to process any .cd registrations, transfers or other transactions. All existing domains will remain active and continue to run until the registry systems have been set up and put in place.
Brandsec is a corporate domain name management and brand protection company that look after many of Australia, New Zealand and Asia’s top publicly listed brands. We provide monitoring and enforcement services, DNS, SSL Management, domain name brokerage and dispute management and brand security consultation services.